welcome to Liv’s Happy Superfun Time Trans*/Queer Resource Giveaway!!! i’ve (almost) reached 400 followers and i figured i should do something useful with my blog if that many people are watching me have mental break downs and reblog pokemon and bubbline all day. giveaway ends June 15th, 2013!!
- don’t have to be following me i don’t really care all that much but it’d be nice if you want to/like my blog
- sorry guys but this is for PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS TRANSGENDER*/GENDERQUEER/AGENDERED/SOME VARIATION OF GENDER THAT IS NOT!!! CISGENDER! i’m giving away resources for those who may not have proper access.i’d be really happy if you reblog as a signal boost but make sure you COMMENT on it saying “signal boost” or something like that so that i know you’re not reblogging it for the actual giveaway
- 1 like and 1 reblog and that’ll be counted as 2 entries but that’s it!! i don’t think it counts as any more if you do it more than once so
- have to have a valid address or po box or somewhere safe that i can send you your shit. i’m willing to ship/mail just about anywhere
- don’t be an asshole!! that’s about it for rules
what you’ll win!!!
- 100$ worth of any resources you might need as a trans* individual!! i’ll buy you a binder, bra inserts, packer or stp, makeup, clothes, i’ll send money for hormones shots, anything worth 100$ that you might need. we’ll message back and forth first to see what you need as a unique awesome individual!!
- also as a special bonus, i’m a musician so i’ll write a song for you and post it on my youtube channel! i’ll write it about anything you want (you, your friend, your lover, your pet, your favourite tv show, whatever you want)
so yeah!! happy reblogging~*~*~ if you have any questions please ask me!!
Troubling the Line: Trans and Genderqueer Poetry and Poetics
Edited by TC Tolbert and Tim Trace Peterson
The first of its kind, Troubling the Line: Trans and Genderqueer Poetry and Poetics, gathers together a diverse range of 55 poets with varying aesthetics and backgrounds. In addition to generous samples of poetry by each trans writer, the book also includes “poetics statements”—reflections by each poet that provide context for their work covering a range of issues from identification and embodiment to language and activism.
Ahimsa Timoteo Bodhrán, Aimee Herman, Amir Rabiyah, Ari Banias, Ariel Goldberg, Bo Luengsuraswat, CAConrad, Ching-In Chen, Cole Krawitz, D’Lo, David Wolach, Dawn Lundy Martin, Drew Krewer, Duriel E. Harris, EC Crandall, Eileen Myles, Eli Clare, Ely Shipley, Emerson Whitney, Eric Karin, Fabian Romero, Gr Keer, HR Hegnauer, J. Rice, j/j hastain, Jaime Shearn Coan, Jake Pam Dick, Jen (Jay) Besemer, Jenny Johnson, John Wieners, Joy Ladin, Julian Talamantez Brolaski, kari edwards, Kit Yan, Laura Neuman, Lilith Latini, Lizz Bronson, Lori Selke, Max Wolf Valerio, Meg Day, Micha Cárdenas, Monica / Nico Peck, Natro, Oliver Bendorf, Reba Overkill, Samuel Ace, Stacey Waite, Stephen Burt, TC Tolbert, Tim Trace Peterson, Trish Salah, TT Jax, Y. Madrone, Yosmay del Mazo & Zoe Tuck
Nightboat Books, 2013
Poetry, LGBT Studies | $27.95
paperback, 544 pages, 7 x 10 in
Publication Date: 2013
BREAKING: Brazil’s National Council of Justice just ruled that ALL couples have the right to marry.
It’s a beautiful day for Brazil - no one should have to face discrimation because of who they are or who they love. Spread the word!
“I think at this point in our world, we’ve got a really confused idea of the way gender and sexuality works. I think we’ve created this really superfluous sort of like binary in the way we think about gender. And I guess I identify as queer because I don’t identify with that. I think that makes us less whole as people. I don’t need to be assigned to what it is I can do or who I can love. And it seems like we keep drawing these battle lines which are completely unnecessary. So that’s what I basically mean. When I say I’m queer, I’m saying that I think human beings are amazing. And love is an honor and an opportunity. And a fragile thing. A fragile process in which there’s no room for doubt, or shame, or hatred.” — Ezra Miller
A Stockholm high school is set to open a third changing room for transsexual pupils and those who don’t want to define themselves as being male or female, a move believed to be the first of its kind in the country.
tegan quin -
“what i love about being queer”
♥ BB GUN : MAGIC EYE GIRLFRIEND ♥
…i didn’t cry drawing it…
Offered in New York City Friday - Saturday nights 12AM-4AM. If you or a friend need a safe ride, please call! Save this number and spread the word! What a wonderful organization
This sounds like a really great resource!
Because signal boost.
I recently read an interview with the founders of this organization, and it sounds like they are doing amazing work. They are trying to expand and serve more neighborhoods and offer extended hours, but their ability to do so hinges on donations and volunteers.
For my NY followers
I hope this can expand into more cities and times!